What Can be Sold on Vondore?
Vondore is a unique marketplace. Buyers come to Vondore to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Vondore must be exclusive, handmade, or inspired by a personal design.
Handmade items are items that are made by you, the seller, or are designed by you and made with the help of an approved outside manufacturer who complies with our ethical manufacturing policies.
If you sell on Vondore, you agree that:
- All items are made or designed by you. If you work with an outside manufacturer to make items that you have designed, you must apply for outside manufacturing and choose ethical manufacturing partners.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About page.
- You are using your own photographs– not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling Custom Items, you agree that:
- All custom item listings are available for purchase.
- Each custom listing has a set price, and wont change for different users unless negotiated through to messages.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
What Can’t be Sold on Vondore?
Even if they otherwise meet criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Vondore.
Reselling is not allowed on Vondore. Reselling refers to selling an item when you were not involved in the creation process. In short, you may not resell items that you were not involved in designing or making.
Services to be provided by Vondore:
- Technology services: Vondore offers an end-to-end E-Commerce technology platform that will allow the seleer to upload their products on the site, manage various aspects and make it available to buyers for purchase. The technology services also include complimentary use of business tools available on Vondore through a specific login to be created by Vondore for the seller
- Internet Marketing Services: Vondore runs intensive internet marketing services for the entire marketplace to drive traffic.
- Payment Services: Customers can make payments for their orders at Vondore using payment options including credit card, debit card and net banking.
- Order Fulfillment: Vondore shall provide customer support services and delivery support.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
One of Vondore’s core values is transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on Vondore, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About page, should you choose to complete it.
- Honor your Shop Policies, should you choose to publish them.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Vondore.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
Vondore charges a 15% + S.T. fee on the net sale amount, for every transaction made on the site. Promotional Offer – If the seller joins before Oct 23rd 2016, Vondore will charge only 5% + S.T. for 90 days (i.e. till Jan 21st 2016).
- For the orders which are not dispatched within the specified time (set by the seller), a penalty of 5% (of the order amount) will be charged if the delay is less than equal to 2 days and 10% (of the order amount) if the delay is more than 2 days.
- For the orders which are cancelled by the seller, a penalty of 5% of the order amount will be charged to the seller.
Vondore holds the payment for minimum 15 days and maximum 25 days after the item has been shipped. The payment cycle is every 10, 20th and 30th. i.e. For items shipped, before 5th of the month – the payment will be released on 20th (hold of 15 days), for item shipped before 15th and after 5th, the payment will be released on 30th. The payments will be released to the bank account provided by the seller on the shop dashboard.
Communicating with Other Vondore Members
You can use Vondore Conversations (“Convos”) to communicate directly with your buyers or other Vondore members. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Vondore. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Vondore Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Any use of Vondore Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
You may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Vondore-related communications or for Vondore-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s explicit consent, you may not add any Vondore member to your email or physical mailing list or store or misuse any payment information.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Vondore. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 60 days after their item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Vondore or a third party; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on Vondore. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on Vondore. Extortion includes when a seller offers a buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on Vondore. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Vondore, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Trust and Safety team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Vondore Conversations and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both you and the buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the buyer a full refund.
- You have decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, you have issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though you provided proof of shipping, and you have issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case you’ll need to refund in full.)
- Both you and the buyer agreed that the buyer could return the item for a refund, you have received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case you will need to refund in full.)
In case of cancellation of a prepaid order by seller or a return (not valid for exchange) of damaged product by customer, seller will be charged 5% of the transaction value to compensate the payment gateway and shipping charges
Vondore’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Vondore. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case through email for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within seven days. To file a case, email your querry to email@example.com.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the item. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the Vondore receipt.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of Not as Described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size than is shown in the photo or described in the listing.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- You failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
Without prejudice to any other remedies Vondore & seller shall have the right, at any time, to terminate this relation forthwith, by giving a notice in writing to the seller or by simply deactivating the seller account.